M. Sc. Geography
Master of Science Geography
Three possible course specialisations are offered within the master programme at the University of Bonn. These focal points are oriented towards the main research areas of the department. All course specialisations are based upon a strong alliance of theory and practice.
- Governance and Space
- Globalisation and Development
- Global Change and Environmental Systems Research - Physical Geography
The Master programme can be designed individually. It is possible to either combine course specialisations or to choose single courses from another specialisation.
The MSc Geography is a German degree programme. Select courses are offered in the English language. Please refer to the course information for international students.
The following courses are required as part of the Master programme, regardless of the course specialisation:
- Module 1: Current Research Topic. First semester. 8 CP
- Module 2: Research Methods. First semester. 12 CP
- Module 3: Specialisation I. First semester. 12 CP
- Module 4: Research Project. Second semester. 18 CP
- Module 5: Field trip. Second semester. 10 CP
- Module 6: Specialisation II. Third semester. 12 CP
- Module 7: Research Topic. Third semester. 6 CP
- Module 8: Practical Module. Third semester. 10 CP
- Module 9: Colloquium Master Thesis. Third or fourth semester. 2 CP
- Module 8000: Master Thesis. Fourth semester. 30 CP
Information on courses offered for the MSc Geography
- BASIS (Electronic University Calendar)
- Course information for international students at the Department of Geography
For further information please refer to the German homepage on the master programme in geography.